JVC XV-M567 DVD/CD no disc error
lionshead
2006-04-29 21:27:41 UTC
I have an old JVC XV-M567 player that started giving me a "no disc"
error whenever I inserted a DVD or CD in one of the three trays. My
wife wanted to watch her new DVD's, so she insisted we replace it
(darn!). The old JVC had been sitting around for 6 months, so before I
took it over to Salvation Army, I tried to fix it. After trying the
reset posted on JVC's web site, still the same problem. I opened the
case, plugged it in, opened the tray and dropped in a CD. Again the "No
Disc" error, but I noticed it never spun up to even read the disc. I
ejected the disc and reloaded it. This time, when the disc loaded in
the reader tray, I manually spun the disk clockwise. The machine took
over and spun up the disc and started playing it! I repeated this with
the other two trays and now it seems to be working fine. I installed
the unit in the bedroom and now have a nice DVD/CD player to hook up to
my old stereo receiver. Hope this helps someone with a similar problem
WinField
2006-04-30 14:59:14 UTC
I had a similar problem with my Apex DVD, and a "manual" tweak by me to
get the unit going. This only with DVD's - not CD's.

Don't be surprised if you continue having to "kick-start" your JVC now
and again. I now simply leave the cover off all the time on the Apex.
The glow of a sweet-fix has long faded, and now I usually use a newer
DVD player hooked into another set of inputs on the TV. :~\

- winf
Biz
2006-04-30 15:17:49 UTC
The spindle motor is failing, it will not work at all one day in the near
future. If you're good with electronics, you *could* locate teh appropriate
replacement and replace it yourself, but the parts arent that cheap compared
to the cost of a brand new player....so you may be better off buying new
when the novelty of spinning it up yourself wears off..